Members & Supporters
The Columbia Mountains Institute is supported by its 90+ Regular and Student members, and our 30+ Corporate members. Our members’ email updates are sent directly to 300 people and circulated further within the offices of our corporate members. Including our members, our announcements distribution list, and our Facebook page, our network now extends to over 1000 people..
Click here for information about becoming a CMI member.
Our conferences are supported by donations and sponsorships, as noted in the information for each event. We welcome corporate and in-kind sponsors for our events. Having your name in front of our conference participants is good for your business. Each of our events is held on a cost recovery basis and your sponsorship allows us to reduce registration fees. Visit our Information for Sponsors page or call the CMI office to find out about sponsoring a conference speaker, a lunch, a Posters & Beer session, and other ways you can support an event.
The CMI maintains a Contribution Agreement with Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks. Both agencies share the common goal of improving ecological management of the Columbia Mountains Natural Region.
CMI Corporate Members for 2014
Students and faculty are members. Students of these institutions need to send in a student membership form – and it’s free.
- Selkirk College, School of Environment and Geomatics
- University of British Columbia (Okanagan)
- University of Victoria, School of Environmental Studies
Other agencies and businesses:
- AMEC Environmental Infrastructure
- BC Hydro, Columbia Generation
- BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations, Kootenay Fish and Wildlife Branch
- Bulkley Valley Research Centre
- Canadian Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Commission
- City of Revelstoke
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Conservation Northwest, Washington
- Cooper, Beauchesne and Associates Ltd.
- Creston Valley Wildlife Management Authority
- Dillon Consulting Limited
- Downie Timber
- DWB Consulting Services Ltd.
- Golder Associates: Edmonton, Calgary, and BC Interior offices
- Keefer Ecological Services
- Lotic Environmental
- LGL Ltd.
- Masse Environmental Consultants
- Parks Canada, Ecosystem Services: Calgary office, Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks, & Waterton Lakes National Park
- Revelstoke Community Forest Corporation
- Summit Environmental Consultants Ltd.
- Vast Resource Solutions