CMI Annual Researchers’ Meeting and AGM 2013
- End Date: May 10, 2013
- City: Silverton, BC
Download the meeting summary here.
Every year CMI members get together to provide updates on their projects, catch up on each others’ news, and take part in field trips. It’s an informal atmosphere and non-CMI members are always welcome. This year 50 people met at Memorial Hall in Silverton and heard 7 talks, viewed 4 posters, and had a choice of 3 field trips. Our Annual General Meeting was held just before lunch.
Jakob Dulisse followed-up on his presentation from the morning by showing us a breeding area, some fencing, and two Highway 6 underpasses at Summit Lake. Jakob netted toads from Summit Lake so the group could view them.
- Timesavers translated from the field to office: Mobile Government Database (VENUS) and GIS applications, Carrie Nadeau, Summit Environmental Consultants
- Rare or little known biodiversity of the Selkirk Mountains, Craig Pettitt and Anne Sherrod, Valhalla Wilderness Society
- State of the Environment in the Columbia Basin Boundary Region – Which indicators would be useful to you? And discussion. Adrian Leslie, Rural Development Institute, Selkirk College
- Assessing western toad mortality on Highway 6 at Summit Lake, Jakob Dulisse, Jakob Dulisse Consulting
- Community values in lake management planning, Therese DesCamp and Sally Hammond, Slocan Lake Stewardship Society
- The Slocan River, Follow the Fish – From compensation to ecology, Jennifer Yeow, Passmore Laboratory
- Kootenay Camas Project, Eva Johansson
- Slocan Lake Stewardship Society, Margaret Hartley
Integrating Honeybees with riparian tree and shrub production: Agroforestry in Slocan BC, Michael Murray, Murray Woodlot
- Stump removal for root disease control: Trial examinations in southeastern BC, Michael Murray, Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations.
- Long-term bat research and monitoring program in the Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area, June 2011 to January 2013, Marc-Andre Beaucher of Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area, and Cori Lausen of Birchdale Ecological Consulting.
- Field trip to the heart, Mary Therese DesCamp, Heart’s Rest Retreat Centre
- Interface fuel treatment and morels, Tyson Ehlers, Tysig Ecological Research, and Stephan Martineau, Slocan Integral Forestry Cooperative
- Toads at Summit Lake, Jakob Dulisse, Jacob Dulisse Consulting