Wildland / urban interface fires, fuel management, and ecosystems conference
- Start Date: November 05, 2008
- End Date: November 06, 2008
- City: Cranbrook BC
Click here to download the conference summary as a 2.7 MB PDF file.
Management plans for reducing the likelihood or severity of wildland/urban interface (WUI) fires are in preparation and, by their nature, favour economic and social factors. Through one and half days of presentations, a poster session, and field trips, we examined these factors, and addressed how management for WUI fires and fuels might also accommodate, or improve, ecological values.
We are grateful to the following agencies for their financial and in-kind support of this conference:
- BC Ministry of Agriculture and Lands
- BC Ministry of Environment
- BC Ministry of Forests and Range
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Columbia Kootenay Fisheries Renewal Partnership
- Parks Canada