Wildlife Immobilization and Health
Guidelines: Canadian Council on Animal Care
CCAC is the national organization responsible for setting and maintaining standards for the care and use of animals in research, teaching and testing throughout Canada.Guidelines for the use of mammals in field research.
American Society of Mammologists – Animal Care and Use
Laws & Regulations:
Canadian Firearms Program: http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/
Veterinary Drugs Directorate:
Canadian Federal Laws:
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/index.html
Food and Drugs Act http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/f-27/
Manual of Common Diseases and Parasites of Wildlife in Northern British Columbia
Wild game and fish may carry diseases that can be transmitted to people. Disease transmission to people can be prevented by following the guidelines provided in this pamphlet.
US National Wildlife Health Centre
Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre
Michigan Wildlife Disease Manual
Safecapture International (Wildlife Immobilization Courses)
Australian & New Zealand Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching
Useful PRINT References for Chemical Immobilization of Wildlife
- Handbook of Wildlife Chemical Immobilization. Terry J. Kreeger. 1996. International Wildlife Veterinary Services. 340 pp.
- Chemical Immobilization of Wild and Exotic Animals. Leon Nielsen. 1999. Iowa University State Press. 400 pp.
- Wildlife Restraint Series. Jessup et al. 1991. International Wildlife Veterinary Services.
- Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals. Murray E. Fowler. 1995. 2nd Ed. Iowa State University Press. 383 pp.
- Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine. Murray E. Fowler. 1993. 3rd Ed. W.B. Saunders Co. 864 pp.
- Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine: Current Therapy 4. Murray E. Fowler. 4th Ed. 1998. W.B. Saunders Co. 752 pp.
Association of Avian Veterinarians http://www.aav.org
American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians http://www.aawv.net
Canadian Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians http://www.cazwv.org
Wildlife Disease Association http://www.wildlifedisease.org