Become a member of the Columbia Mountains Institute of Applied Ecology!
We are an organization that connects a network of people to collaborate and share knowledge about the ecology of the Columbia Mountains and its regional ecosystems.
CMI’s goal is to build the capacity of people working in various fields of applied ecology to benefit natural resource management in our region. Be part of our 1000+ person network!
Membership is Community!
- Discounted fees at CMI events
- Advance notice of workshops and courses through the CMI Newsletter.
Membership is Engagement!
- Annual Member’s Research Forum and AGM
- Share your news (current research projects, publications, event announcements, etc) with the CMI community via our monthly newsletters. Just send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is Having a Voice!
- Vote in the proceedings of our Society
- Propose events and participate in event steering committees
See our Supporters page here for a list of our current corporate members.
|Membership Category||Annual * Membership Fee||GST||TOTAL|
(Must provide student number)
For each Branch of your organization (e.g., covers all staff in one Branch office.) One vote per membership
* Memberships are annual following the regular calendar year. Memberships purchased after Oct 1 will include the following calendar year.
** Are you a student? Maybe you can join for free! If you are a student enrolled in an institution that has a corporate membership with us then your membership is FREE! Currently these educational institutions have corporate memberships:
- Selkirk College
- University of Victoria: Environmental Studies Department
- College of the Rockies
Safe Sender list for our emails
Our information is distributed using the Vertical Response service. Most people have no problem with receiving our emails – but if your email service moves our information to your spam folder, here is how to put us on your Safe Senders list:
Read this page at Vertical Response.
Our emails will arrive at your inbox labelled as “from”: Columbia_Mountains_Institute_of_@mail.vresp.com
Bioengineering, Nelson BC