Be part of our 1000+ person network …
We’re known for hosting balanced, science-driven conferences and specialized courses to present the newest information and methodologies. We are a regional group that connects people working in the various fields of applied ecology – natural resource practitioners, managers, researchers, educators, academics, stewardship groups, and others with an interest in the ecology of southeastern British Columbia. We keep ecologists up-to-date and encourage cross-disciplinary learning.
|Membership Category||Membership Fee||GST||TOTAL|
** Are you a student? Maybe you can join for free…
If you are a student enrolled in an institution that has a corporate membership in Columbia Mountains Institute, your membership is FREE! For more information, click here.
A membership in the CMI brings you…
- New for 2013 – Members are invited to add their research project information to our list of regional research projects.
- Discounted registration fees at most of our events (not courses).
- Monthly CMI members’ email updates – a digest of information about new publications, new initiatives, funding announcements, conference information, job postings, and more. All members are welcome to contribute items for the updates.
- Advance notice of our workshops and courses.
- A vote in the proceedings of our society (one vote per Corporate membership, one vote per Regular membership, one vote per Student membership).
- For educational institutions that are Corporate members, all faculty and students are members (anyone using the institutional email address).
Corporate memberships are for each “branch” of your organization. If your agency has offices in Vancouver, Cranbrook, and Calgary, a corporate membership would cover all the staff of, for example, the Cranbrook office. All of your staff receive full benefits of membership, except that only one designated person per membership can vote on society business.
Here is a list of our Corporate members.
Safe Sender list for our emails
Our information is distributed using the Vertical Response service. Most people have no problem with receiving our emails – but if your email service moves our information to your spam folder, here is how to put us on your Safe Senders list:
Read this page at Vertical Response.
Our emails will arrive at your inbox labelled as “from” :Columbia_Mountains_Institute_of_@mail.vresp.com
Harry van Oort