CMI Event Summaries
A conference or event summary is prepared for each major CMI event. These are compilations of the abstracts and text summaries provided by our presenters. You can find them in the Past Events section or you can browse through the list of event summaries below to find the link to the free PDF download. Note: information in the conference summaries is not peer reviewed.
We have also begun to record some of the presentations hosted by CMI and you can find these on our YouTube channel here and via the CRED Talks link below.
The list of resources here is long! Search this page for keywords like “Fish,” “Incidental Take,” “caribou,” “roads,” etc. help you find what you are looking for.
- CRED Talks (Columbia Region Ecological Discussions). 2016 – present. Links to talk recordings can be found on the event web page.
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Managing Health of Fish and Wildlife May 2, 2018.
- Avoiding Incidental Take of Bird Nests: from law to practice. April 26-27, 2019.
- Event summary is here
- Dr. Erin Bayne, University of Alberta. How Many Birds Will I Directly Versus Indirectly Kill in my Lifetime and which Matters More? Talk recording is here
- Kevin Fort, Environment and Climate Change Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service: Head, Marine & Terrestrial Unit. Management of Incidental Take of Migratory Birds in Canada – the Federal Perspective. Talk recording is here
- Janice Walton, n, B.A., MSc., LLB, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. Due Diligence and Legal Risks Under the Migratory Birds Convention Act. Talk recording is here
- Laura Darling, R.P.Bio, Ecosystems Branch – BC Ministry of Environment. BC’s Environmental Mitigation Policy: Guidance for Mitigation Plans and Offsets. Talk Recording is here
- Mid-Columbia Ecosystem Enhancement Project Catalogue. 2015-2017.
- Predator-Prey Dynamics: From Theory to Management conference. April 6-7, 2016.
- Climate Change in the North Columbia Mountains: a Workshop. March 10-11, 2016.
- Environmental and Social Assessment Forum. Feb 23-24, 2016.
- Review of population-based management of Southern Mountain caribou in BC. Nov 24-25, 2015.
- Regulated Rivers: Environment, Ecology, and Management. May 6-6, 2015.
- Solving Wicked Problems – Using Human Dimensions to Inform Natural Resource Management. Sept 30 – Oct 1, 2014.
- Resource Roads in British Columbia: Environmental challenges at a landscape level. May 14-15, 2014.
- New Ways to Use Digital Technology in the Field conference. May 15-16, 2013
- Resource Roads in British Columbia – Environmental challenges at the site level conference. Nov 7-8, 2012.
- Urban Wildlife: Challenges and management conference. April18-19, 2012.
- Carbon Management in British Columbia Ecosystems conference. June 15-16, 2011.
- Human Dimensions of Natural Resource Management 2010 conference. Oct 6-7, 2010.
- Conserving Wetlands in British Columbia conference. May 28-30, 2009.
- Wildland / urban interface fires, fuel management, and ecosystems conference Nov 5-6, 2008.
- Managing Environmental Impacts of Linear Corridors and Infrastructure conference. Nov 7-8, 2007.
- Ecological Restoration in Southeastern BC: Grasslands to Mountaintops conference. Oct 11-13, 2007.
- Bear Conservation in a Fast-Changing North America conference. Oct 24-25, 2006.
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Recovering Caribou in Mountain Ecosystems conference. May 29-31, 2006.
- Creating Bear Aware Communities workshop. Nov 3, 2005.
- Identifying Critical Habitat: Methods, Issues and Solutions conference. Oct 18-19, 2005.
- Implications of Climate Change in British Columbia’s Southern Interior Forests. April 26-27, 2005.
- Mountain caribou predator-prey-habitat Expert Panel report. Jan 22-24, 2004.
- Climate Change in the Columbia Basin conference. Jan 17-18, 2003.
- Mountain Caribou in 21st Century Ecosystems conference. Oct 16-18, 2002.
- Creating Bear Aware Communities workshop. Nov 16-17, 2001.
- Fifth Annual Roads, Rails and Environment Workshop. March 13-14, 2001.
- Managing for Bears in Forested Environments conference. Oct 17-19, 2000.
- Ecology of the Columbia River Reservoirs conference. May 9-10, 2000.
- Roads, Rails, and Environment IV workshop. Nov 2-3, 1999.
- Managing Forests for Lichen: the Mountain Caribou Issue workshop. Sept 29-30, 1999.
- Learning from the Past workshop. April 22-23, 1999.
- Forestry and Avalanches workshop. Oct 16, 1998.
- Roads, Rails and the Environment III workshop. Sept 29-30, 1998
- Roads, Rails and the Environment II workshop. April 9-10, 1997.
Annual Researchers’ Forum Summaries: