Registration and Cancellation Policy
This policy explains procedures for registering and cancelling registrations for a CMI event.
Our Cancellation Policy is strictly enforced. We recognize that life events and the demands of work can disrupt your plans, but we are a small organization and a lost registration fee represents a significant financial concern for us.
- Links to the registration forms are found in the description page for each event.
- When you complete the registration form for a CMI event you will need to check off the box on the form which shows that you have read and agreed to, the brief version of the Cancellation Policy on the form. The form will not submit successfully until you have agreed to the brief Cancellation Policy.
- Each registration form includes the specific dates regarding cancellations and refunds.
- Your registration will be acknowledged with an automatic response generated by the website. You will receive a personalized acknowledgement by email within a few days. If you don’t receive this email, please contact the CMI office.
- Your registration is not secured until the CMI office has received your payment. Payment can be by credit card (online at the time you register), or we can send an invoice as a PDF to be paid via cheque or e-transfer. Please send a cheque promptly to secure your spot.
Cancellation and refunds
- Notice of your cancellation must be received at the CMI office three weeks before the event or as per the date on the registration form for that event, and can be sent by email or telephone. If you don’t hear back with an acknowledgement within a couple of days, please contact the office again to be sure we received your message.
- A $50.00 (+ tax) cancellation fee applies if you cancel your registration before the event. This time period may vary; your registration form will provide the specific date. The remainder of your registration fee will be returned to you via a cheque in the mail.
- From three weeks onward, there are no refunds. This time period may vary; your registration form will provide the specific date. You are welcome to send someone else from your organization in your place; please let the CMI office know. If we can fill your space from a wait list, we will retain the $50.00 (+ tax) cancellation fee, and refund the remainder to you.
- If the event is cancelled, the Columbia Mountains Institute is not responsible for any costs other than a full refund of the registration fee.
- If an in-person event is cancelled due to a large weather event, the Columbia Mountains Institute is not responsible for any travel costs or wages that may have been incurred.
- If the event occurs over multiple days or weeks and a portion of the event is cancelled, then CMI will refund fees proportional to the undelivered part of the event. The Columbia Mountains Institute is not responsible for any costs other than this partial fee return.