Submitting your abstract for a poster
We will list the posters on the conference agenda, and we will include your abstract in the conference summary for the event. You are welcome to send an extended abstract, short paper and/or link to a published paper for use in the conference summary.
You can bring a paper poster to affix to the wall, a tabletop display, a free standing exhibit, or perhaps bring along a laptop computer that runs a short video using the laptop’s speakers. Here, all are referred to as “posters.”
- Posters should be related to the theme of the event.
- The CMI is not an advocacy group. If your poster has an advocacy theme it will not be accepted.
- Posters or displays that are primarily an advertisement for your company require you to pay a fee. Please see the information for sponsors.
- We do not have size requirements.
- If you want to bring a poster at the last minute, that’s fine, bring it along. But letting us know ahead of time means it will be in the agenda, on our website’s list of posters, and we’ll be sure to have display space available for you at the event.
Please send the following information:
|Title||Keep it brief and make sure that your topic is clear.|
|Presenter’s information||Name, affiliation, email address, phone number, postal address, web site if you have one.|
|Co-authors||Names, affiliations, email addresses.|
|Abstract length||250 words or up to one page.|
|Formatting of abstract||Please keep your formatting very simple.|
|Size/ type of your poster||You are welcome to bring a poster to tape to the wall, a table-top display (we supply the table and tablecloth) or a free standing display. Electrical outlets are in short supply. Please specify your needs so we can plan accordingly.|
Send your information by email, as an attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your email something like: “Poster for Event X”. Within a couple of days you will receive an email thanking you for the abstract. Call if you don’t receive this email.
Formatting recommendations for paper posters
- Posters should be a maximum of 4 feet by 3 feet (121.92 cm x 91.44 cm)
- Use easily read type. Suggested minimum font sizes:
- Title: 36-point type
- List of authors: 25-point type
- Body copy should be double-spaced text: 15-point type
- Citations should either be listed or included via a QR code (i.e., link to an online source/pdf).
- Choose your colors to provide strong contrast and avoid pairing red and green elements to assist those with red-green color blindness.