Vision, Mission, Values and Goals
Outstanding natural resource management that supports ecosystem function and resilience in the Columbia Mountains region.
To foster best practices in collaboration, communication, and education in support of applied ecological research, science-based management, conservation, collaboration, and professional development within our area.
- Ecological knowledge transfer: We provide opportunities to enable learning and collaboration on ecological management priorities.
- Science-informed resource management: We advocate sound applied science.
- Quality work environment: We establish and maintain a high-quality work environment, where creativity, diversity, and innovation are encouraged; individuals are treated with respect and dignity, and people work collegially and cooperatively to achieve common goals.
- Legal obligations: We accomplish our work using the regulatory frameworks, contracts, and agreements that guide our actions and decisions as we carry out our business.
- Building partnerships: We build strong partnerships by treating our funding partners and volunteers with respect and providing them opportunities to derive value from their association with CMI.
- Fiscal prudence: We are efficient and effective in our utilization of the limited financial resources available to achieve our goals.
- Build the capacity of people working in the various fields of applied ecology so as to support improved natural resource management.
- Be responsive and accountable to our region.
- Provide well-managed and efficient services.
- Support equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) within CMI.
- Commit to the path of reconciliation.
We would like to acknowledge and honour the four nations on whose unceded traditional land we gather and do our work: the Sinixt, the Ktunaxa, the Secwepmec and the Syilx.
Couer d’Alene Salamander
Harry van Oort